Re: Big Measures in Large Ensemble

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Big Measures in Large Ensemble
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:26:12 +1000

(moved to lilypond-devel)

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 00:22 +0100, Neil Puttock wrote:
> 2009/8/10 Joe Neeman <address@hidden>:
>
> > If there's a \bar "" and a clef in the same place, then the
> > BreakAlignGroup will have a non-empty extent, but I think we still want
> > the column to be loose.
>
> I'm not sure that's desirable; see for example the following snippet,
> where the clef is spaced too close to the preceding note.
>
> \relative c' {
>   c4 d \bar "" \clef bass c2
> }

Agreed, but the problem is not looseness. The column fails anyway to be
loose because of spacing-determine-loose-columns.cc:84

But if we, for example, add a \bar "" to a column that would otherwise
be loose (like input/regression/spacing-folded-clef.ly) then I think it
should remain loose. (It doesn't, because of line 84 again and the fact
that every musical column gets marked as a neighbor to the bar line, but
that's another issue).

Joe