Re: PATCH: Arrowed accidentals for microtone notation

From: Graham Breed
Subject: Re: PATCH: Arrowed accidentals for microtone notation
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:43:42 +0100

2009/8/14 Joseph Wakeling <address@hidden>:

> I'd prefer not to do that for semantic reasons.  In my conception of
> arrow-notated quarter-tones, C-quarter-sharp is enharmonically, but not
> semantically, the same as C-sharp-quarter-flat (just as D# is
> enharmonically but not semantically the same as Eb).

What I think would be nice, and fully generic, is for the
accidental-assigning function to know the original name of the pitch
it's dealing with.  Then you could check if the name ends in "up" or
"down".  I don't know how to do this.

Otherwise, if you want the semantics to differ, you'll have to explain
what the difference is.

                           Graham