Re: Overview of copyright issues

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Overview of copyright issues
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 11:29:46 +0200

Am Freitag, 11. September 2009 11:14:39 schrieb Joseph Wakeling:
> Francisco Vila wrote:
> > 2009/9/11 Francisco Vila <address@hidden>:
> >> Those stats are very old now.
> >
> > They are now up to date, just in case.
> >
> > http://paconet.org/lilypond-statistics/
>
> Thanks very much for this! :-)

FWIW, I've now added a .mailcap file, so names like "wl" or "Andrew Hawyluk" or
"Carl Sorensen" should now be combined with the correct names "Werner
Lemberg", "Andrew Hawryluk" and "Carl D. Sorensen".

So "git shortlog" or "git shortlog -s" should now give less contributors and a
better overview.

I've also added all adresses, which already use the correct name (I just took
the output of "git shortlog -s -e" and corrected some apparently wrong or
missing names).

There are some open committers, though:

Maximiliano <address@hidden(none)>
Maximiliano <address@hidden>
Lilypond GDP <address@hidden>
kroger <kroger>
reuter <reuter>
root <address@hidden(none)>
andrew <address@hidden(none)>
erik <erik>
fred <fred>
uid67283 <uid67283>

> It leads to the question -- already in mind from browsing the git log --
> who is 'fred'?  There is no full name and no email ('fred <fred>'), but
> a lot of commits are in his name.  Is this someone responsible for much
> code?

IIRC, that's the name that Jan or Han-Wen used to import the old versions into
git (or svn).

Cheers,
Reinhold
- --