Re: Engraving essay questions and RFC

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Engraving essay questions and RFC
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 07:02:44 -0400

Hi Andrew,

Hi everyone, I'm working on the LilyPond essay

That's great! Thanks.
I'm definitely going to use whatever version you have by October 31st in my upcoming lecture series (3-5 November).

- LilyPond’s stems are often shorter than any of the references,
especially RH mm. 31.

Please discuss?

I have found Lilypond's stem defaults to be too short for quite a while now (I can't remember when the big change was, but it's been at least since v2.8)... I'm glad to see concrete evidence from the "holy grail" (Barenreiter, etc.) to back up my intuition. =)

Maybe a couple of those items should be bug reports?

+1

Best,
Kieren.