Re: line breaks and broken beams

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: line breaks and broken beams
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:01:48 -0700

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 12:06 -0700, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> On 2009-10-27, Joe Neeman wrote:

> > > This would just require (I think) a revert of Han-Wen's commit
> > > a6f65c52e2a20cd64067da45945e485d74ac3105.
> > >
> > > See the attached patch.  What do you think?
> >
> > It should just be a matter of setting breakable to ##t by default in the
> > Beam grob.
>
> Oops, thanks for catching that.  However, I found a comment in
> ly/declarations-init.ly:
>
> %% FIXME
> %% should also set \override Beam #'breakable, but how to do it
> %% "portably"? (ie. also working with lyric sections)
> %%
> %% try \once \override Score.Beam #'breakable = ##t
>

> A real solution sounds more complicated, in other words.

Can you try to figure out what the problem is with lyrics? That is, what
happens for properly engraved scores and what happens in lilypond if you
set Beam #'breakable to ##t and whether the problem could be solved by
adding unbreakable-spanner-interface to LyricExtender or LyricHyphen
(see Spanner_break_forbid_engraver).

Cheers,
Joe