lower-case difficulties

From: Graham Percival
Subject: lower-case difficulties
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:13:41 +0000

Changing everything to lower case produces ugly errors with
directories+files clashing.  In short, we can't do it if general
is built in the top-level, so it'll have to wait until we
definitely want to build general in a separate directory, or until
we definitely want to put all the other manuals in a subdirectory.

That discussion is waiting for info about apache, which hopefully
somebody can find for us.  Although I must admit that, whatever
the answer is, we'll probably end up with a web/ dir, at least in
the build process.

Oh, and is it definite that we want to call it /web/, web.pdf, and
lilypond-web.info?

If so, I could start doing this.  But I don't really want to get
into renaming stuff yet again, unless it's really the final time.