Re: Code formatter

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Code formatter
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 07:24:18 +0100 (CET)

[using cc-mode for automatically formatting C++ code of lilypond]

>> IIRC, you mentioned this before; I think it's to do with (your)
>> emacs expecting a colon at the end of the macro (which isn't
>> strictly necessary).
>
> D'oh.  I mean semicolon of course. :)

In case we are going to automatically check the formatting of the C++
stuff with a Makefile target, I suggest that the proper .el files
should be directly added to lilypond since (a) C mode is under
constant improvement and (b) to reduce the dependency on certain Emacs
or XEmacs versions.

BTW, its author Alan Mackenzie is very responsive, and is certainly
willing to assist in case of problems.

Unfortunately, on the home page of the cc-mode project

  http://cc-mode.sourceforge.net/

the CVS repository appears not to be up to date compared to the
various fixes he has applied to the Emacs CVS.

Alan, what do you suggest?

    Werner