Re: Code review/discussion time again.

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Code review/discussion time again.
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:30:52 -0700

On 11/21/09 12:55 AM, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I have no idea what I am doing here.  In particular not with the
>> \override, and the set-object-property!.  Can somebody explain to me
>> just what data structures I happen to manipulate, and how a user is
>> actually _supposed_ to be mangling them?

Some patience may be required.  2 days (during the week, not including
weekend time) is not very long for waiting for feedback on an entirely new
subject, with a quite general question.

> Well, given my apparent discrepance between coding and social
> interaction skills, the resulting dearth of actually useful advice and
> other things (recently a patch of mine was rejected that actually would
> have brought some oversights in line with the rest),

I don't think your patch was rejected.  It was just not immediately applied.

Sometimes it takes a while to get patches approved through the system.

I would like to suggest that you post patches on Rietveld, rather than
directly to the -devel list.  That's the current recommended procedure (see
the Contributors' Guide for more information).  You'll get comments from
more than just me, and that will facilitate things.

HTH,

Carl