Re: Strange memory corruption when using vector (works with deque)

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Strange memory corruption when using vector (works with deque)
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:44:05 +0100

Am Samstag, 21. November 2009 07:40:50 schrieben Sie:
> 2009/11/21 Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:
> > Can you point me to an online version of the suspect commits?
>
> Is this what you ask for?
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=4ba35b32beca4
> 1dce222a95a5e0ed0c959e867dd
>
> >> On the other hand, changing vector to deque in commit
> >> b238aa006f301fe8c194a1329af75f9db9b3024b will work just fine.
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=b238aa006f301
> fe8c194a1329af75f9db9b3024b

Yes, these are the two commits I'm talking about.

The first one is what causes the crash. I don't see anything suspicious about
it. Head_event_tuple stores everything by value, and the Stream_event pointers
inside the Audio_element_info are also just stored as values, but the memory
never allocated, deleted or duplicated.

valgrind shows an invalid read only in
Tie_performer::stop_translation_timestep, but the memory corruption happens
much earlier (in particular, after the first push_back call, the size() will
already report a totally wrong value in
Tie_performer::acknowledge_audio_element.

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886