Re: Code review/discussion time again.

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Code review/discussion time again.
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:49:59 -0700

On 11/19/09 5:20 PM, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have no idea what I am doing here.  In particular not with the
> \override, and the set-object-property!.  Can somebody explain to me
> just what data structures I happen to manipulate, and how a user is
> actually _supposed_ to be mangling them?
>

>    \override Staff.TextScript #'accordion #'symbol = #$accordion

I have no idea what you're trying to do here.

TextScript is a layout object that has certain properties.  You can find out
about the standard settings and the interfaces in the internals reference,
at 3.1.111.

As far as I can see, there is no interface that has an 'accordion property,
so this \override doesn't make much sense.

However, because there is no error given when an undefined property is set,
the \override will be added to the context anyway.

Can you explain in words what you hope to do?

If you are just creating a markup for accordion, the grob is a TextScript
object, and nothing more.

If you want to create accordion grobs (which will included a markup for
display, plus other stuff happening in the music), then you will need to
create an accordion engraver.

Thanks,

Carl