Re: Difficulties with `make check'

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Difficulties with `make check'
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:49:01 -0800

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Neil Puttock <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2009/11/25 Francisco Vila <address@hidden>:
>
>> My imagemagick 6.3.7 does not accept this option
>
> Neither does mine:
>
> address@hidden:~$ compare -version
> Version: ImageMagick 6.5.1-0 2009-08-27 Q16 OpenMP http://www.imagemagick.org
>
> address@hidden:~$ compare -dissimilarity-threshold 1 a.png b.png diff.png
> compare: unrecognized option `-dissimilarity-threshold' @
> compare.c/CompareImageCommand/498.
>
> I'll run make check if you really want me to, but it doesn't look very
> promising from the above. :)

Thanks, don't worry about testing it.  I was being optimistic, hoping
the option would be silently ignored by older versions.  :-)

I don't know enough about ImageMagick to see if there is a set of
commands that will work for all versions of ImageMagick, and
accomplish the same tasks we require for `make check'.

Should we add a new issue on the issue tracker regarding this issue?

Thanks,
Patrick