Re: [frogs] Frog's Lament

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [frogs] Frog's Lament
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 23:12:26 +0100

> And I would ask new contributors to see the whole story from the
> point of view of somebody who spent years and year programming
> lilypond, explaining concepts to potential contributors only to
> have them disappear without writing any code or doc patches, and
> who has limited time to work on lilypond.

We are not talking about explaining concepts to potential contributors
in private.  We are talking about explanations happening on the
developer list.  Those can be skimmed off into documentation, without
requiring all too much advance knowledge, because they were written for
the sake of people without all too much knowledge.  And in response to
actual questions, rather than from a blank mind trying to imagine what a
beginner might think like, and what a beginner might want or need to
know.

Perhaps it would be worth of another task master just to tick any such
article with the potential "more useful than existing docs" into a list,
and frogs may dig through it from time to time, assimilate stuff into
the docs, and clear those items from the list which are no longer better
than the docs.

Again, the task for the treasure master is not to spend any serious
amount of time on the items of the list itself.  Just to add items.