Re: translations

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: translations
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 00:20:05 +0000

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 01:06:15AM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
> Le jeudi 26 novembre 2009 à 23:40 +0000, Graham Percival a écrit :
> > Make sure that the texi2html is being called with the right
> > arguments.  I think the relevant command is in make/doc-i8n-*.
>
> Sure, but after my hacking texi2html currently dies at manuals in
> English.  I'm about to remove the code that computes file names from
> node names in the init file, since it hides the bugs of
> extract_texi_filenames.py and mistakes in docs node names, and is a
> potential source of broken HTML links; I'll just leave in a comment
> pointing to Git history, for easier resurrecting of such a code in case
> it's needed again.

If you're talking about line 370 and onwards in
web-texi2html.init, then they're already "removed" -- see the
  if (0 and ...)
line?

> > I'm surprised that you have this problem with filenames, though,
> > since I'm pretty certain it was working a few days ago.  You *are*
> > using texi2html 1.82 and not cvs, right?  And you did a make
> > distclean and make doc-clean and stuff?
>
> Yes, IIRC I've got broken HTML filenames in translations for months.
> I'm so pissed of with this that I'm currently dealing with my disgust of
> Perl.

I'm really, *really* doubting this.  I've got plenty of
name.fr.html files, and no index_xy.html files.  Granted, all the
name.fr.html files begin with capital letters, but the general
idea is there.

I'll do a complete clean-out of lilypond and rebuild from scratch
tomorrow.

> > Dunno.  Believe me, I never put anything in the translations.
>
> According to git history, you did :-)

I modified files to enable them to compile, but didn't *add*
files.  Unless the general->web renaming counted as
adding+deleting, rather than moving ?