Re: Make define-builtin-markup{, -list}-command #:category #:properties

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Make define-builtin-markup{, -list}-command #:category #:properties keywords (issue160048)
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 20:34:14 +0000

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 07:35:49PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> I have been told by Graham that the segfault from script-column.cc was
> what precluded reviews of my older patch set.

To clarify, I was giving a good explanation of what other
programmers were working on.  I think their priorities were
absolutely in the right place.

> Even though there was no report in the bug tracker to go by.

If we expect a bug to be fixed within days, there's no need for a
bug tracker report.

> Your first commit did not even compile.  If you don't jump through any
> review hoops for your code, why should I for _your_ code?

Yes, Carl made a mistake.  That's unfortunate, but he's human.  He
remains the best person for the job, and has my complete
confidence.

If anything, this incident should show that jumping through hoops
is even *more* important, not less.