Re: severe chord repetition problem

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: severe chord repetition problem
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 13:10:10 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:
Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden> writes:
Concerning chord repetition, the issues that have been raised are:

- \relative mode
A patch is available for review at <http://codereview.appspot.com/164096>
If nobody objects I'll commit it within a few days.

Maybe there should be a common strategy with \parallelMusic in
connection with \relative?  Possibly there is some overlap in the
problems.

Thought about this, too. The main difference is that it is currently not possible to attach ' and , to q, whereas this has to be considered for \parallelMusic input - although it'd make sense to have this feature also for q in the long term. The current patch, to my understanding, does not allow such an attachment, since it hardwires the octave of the repeated chord.