Re: midi elapsed time markers

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: midi elapsed time markers
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 10:36:04 +0100

Unfortunately, it may be quite difficult to implement without changing major parts of LilyPond, since currently the MIDI generation and the printed output are done completely separately, one after the other, whereas they would have to be done jointly to be able to implement your feature request (as far as I can see).

   /Mats

Peter Dingley wrote:
I was searching for a way to print out midi elapsed time
 in my score to be able to easily start the midi file
at the location I am currently working on. At the moment
 I write these in by hand but they change as I
make changes to the music in other locations. As far as I
 could see, there is  no way of generating these
values automatically. I was looking  for something like
 rehearsal marks with the elapsed time for the midi
file in minutes and seconds based on the \tempo value,
 for example. Would this be a useful new feature
or does the facility already exist?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        School of Electrical Engineering