Re: accent and marcato shouldn't be quantized

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: accent and marcato shouldn't be quantized
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 18:56:47 -0800 (PST)

Neil Puttock wrote:
> No objections here.

Okay, I'll write a patch.  But I just thought of something.
Should the `espressivo' script also be de-quantized, since
it's (in some ways) an extension of the accent sign?  I'm
not aware of any mention of the `espressivo' sign in any
notation reference book, and humorously, the only meaningful
hits when googling for "espressivo sign" are all from LP.

Does anyone have a reference?  If I don't hear from anyone,
I'm leaning towards de-quantizing it too.  Opinions?

Thanks
- Mark