Re: Build failure on OS X: "error: template class without a name"

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Build failure on OS X: "error: template class without a name"
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 12:33:05 -0700

On 12/12/09 9:07 AM, "Harmath Dénes" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2009.12.11., at 16:34, Carl Sorensen wrote:
>
>> Have you set the flelexer file in config.make to opt/local instead of
>> use?
>>
>> Carl Sorensen
>
> Strangely, I have no /opt/local/include/FlexLexer.h, but I indeed have
> /usr/include/FlexLexer.h
> Setting FLEXLEXER_FILE = /opt/local/include/FlexLexer.h results in
>
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/opt/local/include/FlexLexer.h', needed
> by `out/FlexLexer.h'.  Stop.
> make: *** [all] Error 2

I think in order to build LilyPond on Leopard, we needed to install a new
copy of flex using MacPorts.  Then we need to reset the call there.

I haven't tried Snow Leopard.  I'm still using Leopard.

Detailed instructions are here:

http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/index.php/2008/11/30/26-building-lilypond-from
-git-sources-on-mac-os-105-intel

The original error message you reported was the one I see when I use
usr/include instead of opt/local/include, so I think maybe installing flex
with MacPorts may solve your problem.

HTH,

Carl