Debugging help on lilypond

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Debugging help on lilypond
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 14:15:50 -0700

So I've finally gotten to a point where I think I know what to do with the
autobeaming code to make it work properly in 4/4 time with a 1/16 note in
the second beat.

I've written code to try to fix it.  The code seems to execute properly
through my changes, but then it gets into a problem, and I get this error
message:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
  what():  vector::_M_range_check
Abort trap

So I try running it in gdb, and I get the same error.  After reading more
gdb docs, I set a catchpoint.  I then get this message:

Catchpoint 6 (exception thrown).
Catchpoint 6 (exception caught), throw location unknown, catch location
unknown, exception type unknown
0x92189201 in __cxa_throw ()

Continuing from this point gives me

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
  what():  vector::_M_range_check

0x92fb3e42 in __kill ()
(gdb)

Any suggestions on how I might figure out the source of this exception?

Thanks,

Carl