Re: New LilyPond Spanish Users list at GNU

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: New LilyPond Spanish Users list at GNU
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:55:44 -0700

On 12/23/09 5:37 PM, "Francisco Vila" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello, I have news from the process of creation of the Spanish list on
> GNU. As you can follow in https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?9148 , my
> project was initially accepted. I created the list, but the saga has
> not ended well by this route. They have just told me
>
>   "Ask the LilyPond mantainer to create the list in their project. "

I actually don't think this is a bad ending.  You wanted the name
lilypond-es.  Savannah's lists are <project>-<listname>.  To get
lilypond-es, the project needs to be lilypond, and the listname needs to be
es.

So all we need to do is get Graham, Jan, or Han-Wen to add a list
lilypond-es.  I think we could get one of them to do that.

> They are on the link above, but my main points are for now
>
>   - An official list in Spanish, hosted at savannah, was already approved.
>   - We have 60+ users.
>   - I'd like it to receive the name "lilypond-es" if at all possible.
>   - The new list was already announced on the old one! as they requested.
>   - The Spanish description has accented characters, I'd like them to
> appear properly listed like others do.
>
> (btw I don't understand the reasons given for the latter not being
> satisfied; if the host can not do it, how can some lists show accented
> characters?)
>
> And more imprtantly:
>
>   - Who is the LilyPond maintainer that can create the list for me?

Currently, Han-Wen, Jan, and Graham (as listed on the Savannah website for
LilyPond.

HTH,

Carl