Re: out-of-tree fr doc build failure

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: out-of-tree fr doc build failure
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 15:56:00 -0700

On 12/28/09 2:31 PM, "John Mandereau" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le lundi 28 décembre 2009 à 21:18 +0000, Graham Percival a écrit :
>> I found the same problem with a fresh build, but then I remembered
>> that I'd switched back to 2.12.2 to build new regtests for the
>> comparison to 2.12.3.  When I switched back to master after that, git
>> left some old files in my 2.13.10 tree.  After doing a rm -rf * and
>> git reset --hard origin, the fresh build had no problems.
>> (why the mao would anybody want to check out a new branch while
>> leaving old files around?!)
>
> Did git issue some warnings about left files when switching back to
> 2.13?

It never has for me.  git checkout goes and gets the needed files, but it
doesn't complain about files that are no longer part of the repository.

That fact has bitten me a couple of times, when I've applied patches that
created new regression tests, then went back to old versions that couldn't
handle those regression tests.

Thanks,

Carl