Re: improving the CG

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: improving the CG
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:26:51 -0700

Graham Percival wrote:
2009/12/29 John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
Le mardi 29 décembre 2009 à 00:00 +0000, Graham Percival a écrit :
  If "make" ever ends with an error, just send it to
... and monitor -devel list for messages about infrastructure changes
where a developper explicitly requests everybody to make clean.

I don't think we should ask new contributors to do this.  I've added
it to the CG as a responsibility for mentors to inform their
contributors if they'll need a make clean or make doc-clean.

- Graham

It seemed to me, starry-eyed innocent that I am, that subscribing to -devel and -user would be among the better ways to git the feel of lilypond, so as long as new contribs are properly cautioned that a lot of -devel will be opaque at first, it should be recommended as a learning tool.

A good juggler can always find work.
 - attributed to L. Pacioli (1445 - 1517)