Re: G clef changes [was: Re: Alternative music font]

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: G clef changes [was: Re: Alternative music font]
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 17:21:25 +0100

Carl Sorensen schrieb:

On 1/1/10 2:52 AM, "Marc Hohl" <address@hidden> wrote:

Carl Sorensen schrieb:
[...]
Ok, so I'll go for this. It isn't as easy as I thought, because I cannot
just rotate the whole picture, because the path is too complex for metafont.
So I'll have to transform every point and draw thereafter. It seems to
work, but
I  have to change some explicit drawing angles accordingly and bring it into
a less hackish form - but I think this will come next year ;-)
Well, I'm putting most of my work off to next year, too.
Back again!
I managed to describe the transformation in a more elegant way
and the result looks (after initially rotating 1.5 degrees in the
wrong direction!) very pleasing.

What should be the next step? Shall I create a patch and send it to you,
or should this go to rietveld? Should we wait for more opinions to come
in?

IIUC, you should do the following:

1) Make a sample at 1200 dpi and post it somewhere so that we can be
satisfied that it looks right at 1200 dpi.
Ok, I used the same example and created a sample page.
It is available as a 1200 dpi png picture at:

http://www.hohlart.de/marc/gcleftest.png

Please ignore the message about the clef in the first line.
2) Either send me a patch so that I can post it on rietveld, or post it
yourself on rietveld.
As I don't have prepared everything for posting at rietveld, I
would ask you do upload this patch for me.

Thanks in advance

Marc
3) Wait for approval, probably by Han-Wen and Jan, since they are the core
designers of the font.

Thanks,

Carl