Re: Grand LilyPond Input Syntax Stabilization (GLISS) webpage

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: Grand LilyPond Input Syntax Stabilization (GLISS) webpage
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 19:18:51 +0100

Op zaterdag 02 januari 2010 schreef Trevor:

> Looks promising.  Nice overview of the issues.
> I'll be happy to be part of the discussions when
> they start.

Same for me! I really love LilyPond (both the program and the project), and
stabilizing the syntax will make it more stable and professional.

I could imagine one other addition to the list of topics in Scope and
Limitation:

- the values that are used as arguments to common used overrides. Sometimes
they are a symbol (e.g. #'around), sometimes a predefined variable referring
to a Scheme value or object (e.g. #LEFT, #all-visible ). The main trouble is
that for novice users it is not clear when there should be an apostrophe and
when not.

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--