Doc building in ubuntu 9.10

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Doc building in ubuntu 9.10
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 22:57:53 +0100

Hello, for the new year I have upgraded my Ubuntu system to 9.10
Karmic and I have been able to compile the lilypond binary and docs
after many attempts and permutations.  Finally it seems the main issue
was texi2html.  The packaged version on my distribution is old, 1.78.
Then I compiled 1.83 from source, and it didn't work. As a last resort
I unpacked 1.82 from a newer version of Ubuntu and it works. I'd like
to share this experience with others just in case it is useful.

Happy 2010,
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com