Re: [opensuse-contrib] lilypond

From: Dave Plater
Subject: Re: [opensuse-contrib] lilypond
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 22:27:20 +0200

On 01/04/2010 08:59 PM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Op maandag 04-01-2010 om 19:09 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Dave
> Plater:
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> I see in the osc log (sadly omitted from the spec's change log):
>
> $ osc log | p
> GET https://api.opensuse.org/source/openSUSE:Factory:Contrib/lilypond/_history
> r11 | pgajdos | 2009-11-11 07:48:04 | ab1f57adcc696674b2d2e1ad9dd78f93 |
> 2.12.2
>

> - Don't build documentation because of problems on x86_64.
>

> Well, that does not say very much.  In fact, I built and tested it on
> x86_64, so I'm kind of disappointed not having seen a bug report or
> question about the problem.  Also, a change log entry saying exactly
> /what/ the problem was, would have been nice.
>
> So you probably just want to revert r11, update to 2.12.3 and see
> what happens.
>
> HTH,
>
> janneke

Lilypond suddenly stopped building for x86_64 for some reason or other
and I became involved due to being the maintainer of rosegarden which
needs lilypond. It was then that Petr commented out the spec lines and I
suppose added the tarball docs to the package, he is under a lot of work
pressure and doesn't have the time. Here is the body of the reply I
received when I answered his call for someone to take over :-

You can notice I have commented out a big parts of spec file which
> > resulted in bulid of documentation, which kindly contributed
> > address@hidden (the spec file is almost his work). The
> > documentation stopped to build for x86_64 a significant
> > while ago and janneke didn't respond so I decided
> > to work around it by switching the build off again and Source2
> > documentation, because I don't have a good insight and have no
> > time to puzzle the issue out.
> >
> > Thanks a lot again
> > Petr

I suspect that janneke is no longer with novell as this is the address Petr
gave me yesterday and to which I sent a similar email to the one I sent to the
list address@hidden
Anyway I'm a community (unpaid) maintainer so I'm not subject to similar
pressures just have to do paying work sometimes. I'm busy using rpmbuild to
fine tune spec file and get the files in the right places ATM and I'll let you
know if I need anymore help.
Regards
Dave P