Re: Problems with git cl

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Problems with git cl
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 06:47:14 -0700

On 1/6/10 1:45 AM, "Marc Hohl" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have done some work to issue 659. I have drwan the alternate segno
> symbol and
> in addition, I'll provide new bar commands for easier use.
>
> But I don't manage to upload it to rietveld.
>
> 1) I have a google account
> 2) I have downloaded git-cl
> 3) I have a branch called "varsegno" in my local git repository
>
> I did
>
> $ git add ...
>
> the files, then
>
> $ git commit,
>
> then
>
> $ git format-patch origin
>
> and afterwards
>
> $git cl upload <SHA1>
>
> which I obtained from gitk &
>
> I was asked to edit the message for the code review, but then it stops with
>
> No output from ['git', 'diff', '--no-ext-diff', '--full-index',
> '72a4d16977328a91ceb2b83b0a4d09d750129c26', '-M']
>
> I think I just have overlooked the obvious somewhere. Can someone tell
> me what am I doing wrong?

It appears to me that you are using the SHA1 of HEAD, not the SHA1 of the
parent of HEAD

If you only have a single commit on varsegno, then you can just do

git-cl upload HEAD^

Your error message indicates that there is no difference between the HEAD of
the branch you are on and the commit whose SHA1 you entered in the git-cl
command.

You can test this out before using git-cl by doing

git diff <SHA1>

and seeing what is reported.

HTH,

Carl