Re: Need help with building docs on openSUSE build service

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Need help with building docs on openSUSE build service
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 11:06:44 +0100

Op donderdag 07-01-2010 om 11:39 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Dave
Plater:

> This is where it starts to go wrong but there are many successful gs
> commands and only the one that fails.

That's what you call a bug, right?

> If you're interested in gs-1.70, I've installed the fc10 src rpm with
> zypper

Thanks, but no, not really.  It just needs to be updated in factory.

> What is the
> exact meaning of "failed (11)"?

It means segmentation fault, a serious problem with ghostscript.  That's
why I reported it.

> I'll check out your link but if the
> above failed command succeeds when I compile with rpmbuild it's got to
> be something that differs between the two builds.

Yes -- it may be that the segfault is triggered by a missing file or
a different environment setting.  That would make for an easy
workaround.  Still, gs should print a warning and exit if that is so.
And most likely, an update to 8.70 fixes it without even having to
look into this.

Greetings,
Jan.

AvatarĀ®: http://AvatarAcademy.nl    | http://lilypond.org