Re: Enhancement: Page breaking to avoid widow lines

From: Boris Shingarov
Subject: Re: Enhancement: Page breaking to avoid widow lines
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:11:10 -0500

Joe,

Paper_book::get_system_specs then you wouldn't even need the
markup-list-id property: you could add an avoid-orphan property that
only gets set for the last line of a multi-line markup list if it is
short. That might also simplify Page_spacer::calc_subproblem.

This is the first idea that came to my mind when I started implementing this code. I wanted to have a member called "is_last_line_" instead of "markup_list_id_", that way the nested ifs in calc_subproblem() become much more readable. But I wasn't sure how to calculate that property inside the Line_details(...) constructor.