Re: @address@hidden or @address@hidden ?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: @address@hidden or @address@hidden ?
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:57:16 -0800 (PST)

Graham Percival wrote:
>> @address@hidden
>
> This one is preferred, but I'm pretty certain that
> texi2html doesn't do anything with @w{}.  If you're
> inspired, please test this with a minimal .texi file,
> and file a bug report with texi2html if confirmed.

The texinfo manual says:

  @w{text} outputs text and prohibits line breaks
  within text, for both TeX and makeinfo.

Does this imply that @w is *not* expected to work in html?
It didn't work with a test file, but if it's not expected
to, then I guess it's a feature request, not a bug report?

>> In the pdf output of my CG patch, I noticed that the
>> hyphens in "@code{--rebase}" got separated from the word
>> "rebase":
>
> Oops, I just noticed the "pdf output" part.  In this case,
> the @address@hidden would definitely help.

I presume you meant @w{code{--foo}}.

- Mark