Re: top posting

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: top posting
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:39:54 +0100

I think you don't understand what top posting means: It means that you quote the whole message (and all messages that it quoted) and simply add your reply at the top. This way, each mail contains the whole history!
I wanted to say that I prefer that to quote the whole message and simply add your reply at the bottom.
What you are asking for is to delete all irrelvant parts of the message you answer to and leave only the relevant parts in it. That's not top-posting, though.
No, I'm asking that the relevant parts be at the top of the message as much as possible, to prevent unnecessary network traffic and scrolling.

But honestly, my ultimate idea is freedom (that's why I'm here): everyone do what she feels effective.

Bert