Re: Problem in docs: ref in included/

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Problem in docs: ref in included/
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 09:30:43 +0000

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 09:25:55AM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Mark Polesky wrote Tuesday, March 02, 2010 1:18 AM
>
>> I just successfully compiled commit 715dc5e, which contains
>> the @ref being discussed.

Did that also regenerate the topdocs?  If not, then you wouldn't
see the error Francisco reported.

> Following Francisco's "correction" my local check
> on reference validity now says
>
>> Warning: xref should be internal around line  231  in
>> included/compile.itexi
>> Warning: xref should be internal around line  761  in
>> included/compile.itexi
>
> so I think these two should be set back to straight @refs.

We'll need to update that checker to ignore such cases.  Either
that, or we'll need to play games with
@ifset topdoc

to give those a @rcontrib, but otherwise use @ref.

The problem is that when compiling contributor.texi, texinfo
prefers (but does not require) a @ref.  But when compiling
INSTALL.txt, texinfo requires a @rcontrib.