Re: Clarification of 'font' usage to use Gonville over Feta

From: Simon Tatham
Subject: Re: Clarification of 'font' usage to use Gonville over Feta
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 15:56:04 +0000

James <address@hidden> wrote:
[Gonville]
> The instructions to use this replacement for the feta font are simple (if
> rudimentary), but what I wanted to check is that as of 2.13.x there still is
> not a simple function along the lines of what is documented in the Notation
> Reference
>
> Such as #'(font.name... or #(font.family... and that the examples given to
> replace font.family is really only for non-musical-glyph fonts?

2.13.x does include a sensible means of switching music fonts. It
should be possible to install Gonville _alongside_ Feta in the same
LILYPOND_DATADIR and switch between them using a Lilypond
configuration directive, instead of my original hacky approach of
preparing a replacement LILYPOND_DATADIR in which Gonville
masquerades as Feta.

The last time I tried it (using the technique described in the
comments in input/regression/gonville.ly), I found everything
changed except for the time signature digits (and possibly the
dynamics). That should be the easy bit to fix (since those could
already be changed using existing Lilypond configuration), but I've
been a bit busy with other things and haven't got round to trying
harder. That's mainly why I haven't updated the web page. Sorry
about that.

Cheers,
Simon
--
Simon Tatham         "The distinction between the enlightened and the
<address@hidden>    terminally confused is only apparent to the latter."