[doc] documenting predefined overrides

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: [doc] documenting predefined overrides
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 14:38:57 +0100

Greetings,

I have added a few docstrings (patch attached). However I'm looking at
NR Appendix 1.15 (Available music functions), and wondering if we
couldn't do something much better with it, like Nicolas did with the
"overview of markup commands" appendix.

Currently you have, in bulk, user-oriented functions like \breathe,
and more developer-oriented functions like \assertBeamQuant. By
categorizing these functions we could subdivide this appendix and make
it a lot more usable, even add @cindex and @lilypond examples in the
doc-strings, etc.

Which brings me to another question: some predefined overrides like
\harmonicsOn are defined in a pure-LilyPond way, while others are
defined as music-functions (the attached patch aims to bring more
consistency in this regard). Do we want to keep it that way? Rewriting
the entire property-init.ly in Scheme may not be very useful. But I'm
not completely comfortable with the current situation either.

Cheers,
Valentin