Re: didn't know where to send this...

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: didn't know where to send this...
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 16:34:08 +0100

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:06 PM, James Winslow <address@hidden> wrote:
> I had an idea for an improvement upon your lillypad program. I have a lot of
> poor quality music scans that I want to convert into your system and was
> wondering if there is already someone working on making a version that would
> convert scans into lili files.

Greetings,

automatic recognition of scanned music is currently a very difficult
thing to achieve, and unfortunately we do not have the resources
(people, money, time, skills) to develop such a thing on our own;
besides, since LilyPond is Free Software, we cannot simply take an
existing commercial program and embed it into LilyPond (even if we had
enough money to buy the license, which we don't).

That is certainly a nice idea, but I don't see it happening in the
next few years (at the very least).

Regards,
V. Villenave.