Re: Testing needed for 2.13.15

From: James Bailey
Subject: Re: Testing needed for 2.13.15
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 00:10:54 +0100

On 07.03.2010, at 15:27, James Lowe wrote:
For those who read this and use Mac OS (and care) using the default guest account will work if you don't turn on Parental controls/ allow all apps to work - even if you put Lilypond.app or Terminal in your prefs for guest, I couldn't get permissions to run the script even though guest was owner and could set u+x permissions nor could I work out how to add the script to the parental controls.

You don't need any special permissions (root or otherwise) if you turn off the parental control/limit applications function.

That's really useful, and I'll remember that.

What is also noticeable (and this maybe blindingly obvious to some) that as my own login is an administrative account; I am guessing I have access to /usr/bin/usr/sbin/ or wherever it is, and so running lilypond in the terminal without any prep gives a false impression in that it doesn't come back with a 'not found' but still won't work unless I set up the script as per the instructions.

I don't use the admin account on my computer, so consequently the PATH is the default, and in my admin account, lilypond isn't found. Unless you have ghosts in the machine, the path to the lilypond binary must be defined in some place that bash looks for binaries, otherwise the computer can't find it.

All in all, I'm glad it's all working for you as expected.