Re: git repository with fixed history ready

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: git repository with fixed history ready
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:54:46 +0100

2010/3/23 John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
> Il giorno mar, 23/03/2010 alle 09.52 +0100, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
>> No, no, yes. Anyway, recall that git is robust enough as to face a
>> complete crash of savannah with no backups.
>>
>> In Git we trust,
>
> I trust (read "I fear") the ability of at least one committer with push
> access to Savannah to blindly pull then push, which would uglily result
> in a cohabitation of current broken history on Savannah and the new one
> rewritten by Jan.  Please, think ten times about it.

Mm, I've thought it twice (8 left) and what it comes to my mind is,
what I push is what I've pulled if the change did not happen in
between. Correct me if I'm wrong.  What is the effect of pulling the
new history onto the old one? I bet you can't because it is not
fast-forward.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com