Re: Make failure from new git repo

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Make failure from new git repo
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:12:49 -0700

On 2010-03-28, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> On 3/27/10 11:56 PM, "Patrick McCarty" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> open-type-font.cc: In member function 'virtual size_t
> >> Open_type_font::index_to_charcode(size_t) const':
> >> open-type-font.cc:244: error: 'const class Index_to_charcode_map' has no
> >> member named 'at'
> >> make[1]: *** [out/open-type-font.o] Error 1
> >> make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> > This doesn't fail for me, but I'm curious to see if reverting one of
> > Han-Wen's commits fixes your problem.  Try the attached patch.
> >
> > I don't really know what's going on, so this suggestion is just based
> > on a hunch.  :-)
>
> Thanks, Patrick.  That worked.
>
> Perhaps we have different versions of gcc.  I'm using the following:
>
> sorensen2:~ Carl$ gcc --version
> i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5493)

Yes, we do have different versions of gcc.  Here's mine:

$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.4.3

Looking at the C++ STL library reference from cplusplus.com, I don't
see the at() function listed for the std::map type, so I'm not sure
why this even works for later versions of gcc (or g++, technically).

I can see the motivation behind Han-Wen's commit, so I'll see if I can
track this problem down.

Thanks,
Patrick