Web productions / testimonials / publications

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Web productions / testimonials / publications
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 05:48:25 +0100

Jan and I were talking about listing academic papers which cite or
use lilypond, but I soon realized that it wasn't obvious where to
put these.  Were they "productions" or "publications" ?  If the
latter, how many people would encounter them while they were just
browsing the introduction?

http://lilypond.org/website/productions.html
http://lilypond.org/website/testimonials.html
http://lilypond.org/website/publications.html

After a bit of thought, I'd like to propose condensing these into
three sections, both inside Introduction.

Productions: list of concerts, sheet music, programs using lilypond (as a
      backend, not programs to help write lilypond input)
Reviews: published articles about lilypond, and testimonials.
Academia: material which we wrote (including the Essay), and
      peer-reviewed articles which cite or use lilypond.

This would also allow us to get rid of the "Backend" section,
which has always been a bit ridiculous.

Thoughts?