Re: midstaff line = stem shortened?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: midstaff line = stem shortened?
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 15:18:39 -0700 (PDT)

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Thanks for the in depth and very useful response -- sounds
> like Lilypond is currently doing essentially the right
> thing.

Actually, I don't think it is.  As Carl certainly
demonstrated, the situation is complicated.  Ted Ross is by
far the most detailed and specific, but he occasionally
presents things in a confusing order.  I've attached a file
in an attempt to clarify the issue.

Is anyone in favor of making the changes I've indicated on
the "suggested compromise" staff?

- Mark