Re: Special metronome marks

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Special metronome marks
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 10:22:16 +0100

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 09:22:09AM +0200, Carsten Steger wrote:
> Xaiver, Graham,
>
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On 5 April 2010 12:19, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> An example of this is in LSR.  Try searching for "jazz tempo" or
> >> something ilke that.
> >
> > Rhythm marks / play style indication
> > http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=204
>
> thank you very much! This works like a charm.
>
> This kind of notation is fairly common in drumming. Is there a chance
> that the functions in http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=204 (or
> something similar) could be made an official part of LilyPond?

You could be suggesting two different things:
1) include this snippet in our official docs.  That's definitely
possible, although it'll take about two weeks.

2) include the functions in lilypond itself.  That would require
an advanced user to contribute the scheme, probably sparking a
discussion about what to do with such "useful functions", which
will prompt me to yell at everybody about how we've been talking
about this kind of a thing for 3 years but nobody's willing to
take charge of it.
The second option *could* be done, but we're probably looking at a
2-6 month timeframe.

I'll begin #1.  #2 is probably going to wait until GOP, which will
start some time after 2.14 is out.