Re: iPhone users/developers around?

From: Eric Knapp
Subject: Re: iPhone users/developers around?
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 18:15:51 -0500

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 1:26 AM, Owen Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

> On the subject of iPad, I'm playing with one now and am convinced one
> could build an absolutely killer engraving app for it...
>
> <dream font="feta" /> :-)
>
> --O

I agree completely and I have started to work on one. LilyPond won't
be allowed on the iPad, but a front end app that connected to a
desktop or web app would work. You might ask why I would bother then.
Well, the iPad has multi-touch. This means that music notation could
be done with a multi-finger interface, just like music is played. I'm
also looking forward to putting the iPad on my music stand or table
and not having to try to use my computer, mouse, and keyboard when I'm
writing music.

I'm just getting going and I'm not sure what I'll do with the app once
it starts working. It's going to be fun, nonetheless.

-Eric