Re: Documentation fix for markup keywords.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Documentation fix for markup keywords.
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 18:38:57 +0200

Mark Polesky <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>> It's not a question of what is better.  It is a matter of
>> matching the docs with the actual code.  The signature
>> keywords are not strings but symbols with a hyphen-joined
>> symbol name.
>
> This brings up a question I've always pondered but never
> asked.  A lot of docstrings in the scm/ folder are formatted
> as if they'll be eventually displayed somewhere, but I don't
> understand where they'd ever appear.  In the docs?  On
> stdout after some sort of debugging query?
>
> Because if these docstrings are only intended to be read
> straight from the scheme code, isn't it silly to bother with
> backslashed quotes?
>
> Curious to finally understand this.

lilypond --eval '(top-repl)' /dev/null
guile> (help markup-command-keyword)
`markup-command-keyword' is a procedure in the (lily) module.

Return markup-command's argument keyword, ie a string describing the command
  arguments, eg. "scheme0markup1"
guile> (exit)
Processing `/dev/null'
Parsing...
/dev/null:0: warning: no \version statement found, please add

\version "2.13.18"

for future compatibility