Re: Can not make install

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Can not make install
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:25:13 +0100

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 02:35:26PM -0400, Boris Shingarov wrote:
> I think this should be marked as Critical, because it affects all
> Lilybuntu installations, and Lilybuntu is a supported reference
> platform for Lilypond.  If it were happening on some strange "Green
> Elephant Linux" distro, I'd say it's small, but this is our own
> reference platform that's broken.

Look, I know that I'm an extremely pretty guy, but I'm not a
miracle worker.  I need more information -- in particular, does it
work with texi2html 4.13a (in which case there's little problem;
we just ask people to install that).  And perhaps more
importantly, "when did it break"?

oh, also, "does it occur on make doc, or on make install" ?  I'm
not particularly concerned if "make install" is broken with old
libraries, since only package managers need to run that.  If "make
doc" is really broken, then that's more serious.

Can people build the 2.18 release?  If so, then it must have
happened since then; I can look at that range and make guesses
about what the problem is.