Re: Can not make install

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Can not make install
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:21:25 +0100

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Francisco Vila <address@hidden> wrote:
> The above tests were made with texinfo upgraded to 4.13a, so the
> difference must be anywhere else.  Do you still want to know the exact
> commit? Bisects are time-consuming... OK, I'll do it.

What version of install-info were you using?  If you do 'which
install-info', which directory comes up?

Searching for "install-info START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY" comes up with a
large number of bug reports, mainly from debian/ubuntu.  After a bit
of reading, I've made some changes to web.tely (updating -application
to -usage and -general to -web), so current master might work.

This seems to have no relevance to .17 or .18 though, so I'm still
clueless about what changed.