Re: "always specify initial duration within { ... }" ?

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: "always specify initial duration within { ... }" ?
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:06:29 +0100

hello.

Carl Sorensen wrote:

I don't think that removing the statement that "the default for the first
note is a quarter note" is a good idea. I think it would be far better to
add two sentences at the end of the existing paragraph that say "To avoid
confusion, it is recommended that the first note on every line of the input
file have an explicit duration.  This convention is followed throughout the
LilyPond documentation."

Please see

Contributors Guide.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/lilypond-formatting#LilyPond-formatting