please add patches to the tracker if they're getting lost

From: Graham Percival
Subject: please add patches to the tracker if they're getting lost
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:30:46 +0100

If a patch is not being actively discussed, please add it to the
tracker.  My memory is becoming increasingly faulty; I made the last
two releases with waiting for patches that I told myself I should wait
for (David's lilypond-book patch, and... I can't remember the other
one).

A few months ago, Marek voluteered to record patches.  The guideline
is that if there was no activity for 3 days, he'd add it to the
tracker.  Marek, are you still willing to do this?

If you're the author of a patch and it's been 4 or 5 days since any
discussion, please add it to the tracker yourself.  Sorry for the
inconvenience, but as you know, lilypond is a volunteer project, and
certain key project members (like me) are becoming totally
scatterbrained.  We just have to make do with what we have.

If you'd rather not wait and simply make a new tracker item for any
patch, that's also fine by me.  Issue numbers are cheap; I'd gladly
have 1000 "wasted" numbers if that makes contributors feel better.

I'll look at the list of items with a "patch" label on the tracker
before making a release.  I won't always delay the release, but at
least I'll be making an informed decision about what patches I'm
missing, and I'll send a reminder to -devel about those.