Re: shape notes broken?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: shape notes broken?
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 19:46:43 +0100

On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 11:28:41AM -0700, Mark Polesky wrote:
> I haven't checked with the latest snapshot, but before I
> forget, I'll just mention that some shape note heads aren't
> printing in the docs:
>
> http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond//Documentation/notation/note-heads.html#Shape-note-heads

Please don't look at kainhofer for anything substantial.  These
are fine in the official docs:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/note-heads.html

Remember that kainhofer doesn't rebuild from scratch, and that any
changes to the fonts doesn't trigger a font rebuild, so any time
the font changes, you should expect kainhofer to be buggered up.

There's an issue floating around for the "change of font should
cause make to rebuild fonts" issue, but realistically, that's
never going to happen with the current build system.  And with the
combination of lilybuntu and the small number of people working on
the docs, kainhofer isn't needed, so there's no point changing the
setup on that server.