Re: Doc: NR removed @knownissue for X-staff tremelos

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Doc: NR removed @knownissue for X-staff tremelos
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 15:25:15 +0100

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 11:19 AM, James Lowe <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
> Mark Polesky wrote:
>> Did you guys not see Neil's reply?
>> Cross-staff unstemmed tremolos (note the spelling)
>> ... look terrible:

 \new PianoStaff <<
 \new Staff = "up" \relative c' {
  \new Staff = "down" \relative c'' {
    \repeat tremolo 16 {
      <a e'>32
        \change Staff = "up"
        <cis a'>32

Well, if somebody submitted this bug now, I wouldn't add it as a
@knownissue; I'd just expect it to be added as Defect-medium or
Defect-High.  Patrick, could you check if we have such an issue
(potentially at a different priority) ?

> From my own perspective 'look terrible' is rather subjective and do they
>  *always* look terrible in all cases or just in the simple example below?
> I am happy to put this @knownissue back but '...does not work well' wasn't
> really appropriate or useful to anyone when in fact the example above looked
> pretty OK to me.

I won't object if anybody wants to put the @knownissues back there
(potentially with a different wording), but I think for consistency
with (most) other problems in lilypond, dumping it in the tracker is