Re: imprecise Taktlinie in german doc (NR)

From: Matthias Kilian
Subject: Re: imprecise Taktlinie in german doc (NR)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 20:58:29 +0200

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 06:02:38PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> > yes, but the term Taktzahl is mainly found in technical contexts!
>
> I was talking about "Taktzahlen".  Let's see where this leads Google:
>
>     Results for: taktzahlen
>     #
>     Musiksoftware Forum: Taktzahlen bei Sibelius
>
> One for me.

Well, the term `Taktzahlen' in this context still sounds really odd
to me, and I'm a german native speaker, which is also an explanation
for my broken english ;-)

>     Ulrich Siegele: Taktzahlen als Ordnungsfaktor in Suiten- und ...
>
> Nontechnical, but measure count.

Right. The problem with `Zahlen' is that it's often a synonym for
`Anzahl' (amount / count).

>     #
>     Prozzessor mit den höchsten Taktzahlen - Forum - CHIP Online
> Technical.

And a completely different context (clock speed of the CPU).

Even if www.googlefight.com shows more results for `Taktzahlen',
it still doesn't mean that it's the correct word ;-)

I'm not an active musician, and only decades ago I did do music
with others (orchestra, choir), so I may be wrong, but I've a strong
feeling towards `Taktnummern'. It's less ambigous.

Ciao,
        Kili